Beulah club is a fellowship of women who have chosen to walk daily
in the Joy of our Lord Jesus Christ. Society tells us that marriage or
a love relationship with a man will bring us happiness and yet the
Bible tells us that joy comes from the Lord and the joy of the Lord is
our strength (Psalm 16:11; Nehemiah 8:10b). It is a fact of life that
when the heart is at peace or filled with love, it communicates harmony
to the entire body. Lack of joy, peace and love breed frustration,
discouragement and stress. And these have been found to be common also
among church goers. These negative reactions to life's disappointments
can result into some physical symptoms. According to America Institute
BETWEEN 75 AND 90 PERCENT OF ALL VISITS TO PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIANS RESULT FROM STRESS RELATED DISORDERS.
Our WatchwordA cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired.
(Proverbs 17:22 Message Bible)
Our MissionTo help women develop and strengthen skills for joyful, better managed, and healthy relationships in a fulfilled life style
Why We ExistThere are many women that are discontented, yet they have a heart cry for happiness. Unhappiness and discontentment set in when hope is lost. The Bible says: hope deferred makes the heart sick (Proverbs 13:12).
Because many women have a worldly view about their discontentment, they are prone to misdiagnosing the cause. Some believe they are unhappy for external reasons (e.g. relationship issues, financial issues, status issues). As a result their treatment plan to remedy their pain is all wrong. By adopting an ineffective treatment plan, even though unknowingly, they get more and more of the same outcome and cannot figure out why. Such ultimately they adopt "I am a victim" of circumstances mentality, resulting in susceptibility to emotional distress and physical disorders. Despite putting forth their best efforts, the situation worsens and the roots of hopelessness grow deeper. When this process is not interrupted or arrested, a woman's sense of self worth is prone to being sabotaged and she may slip into depression.
The closer a person is to you the more severe you feel hit in your heart when the person hurts you! No wonder marriage could be the most abused relationship. What God blessed with life and multiplication of life has become the most common weapon of life destruction. How can a woman be helped in such a precarious situation? The Bible tells us in Hosea 4:6, "My people are destroyed because of lack of knowledge. The Word of God is the knowledge of God"; Beulah Club was founded for the very purpose to teach women how to get a grip on their emotions and using biblical principles to rise above disappointments, difficulties, and problems into joy and peace.
It is a fact of life that when the heart is at peace or filled with love, it communicates harmony to the entire body. Beulah club ladies learn how to make choice for health. In other words we are "health-fish" in our choices in life! The collateral damage of divorce -- despair, loneliness, health problems, dysfunctional and broken homes, psychological and emotional poverty, damaged children; name it -- is causing mass destruction in lives of many women, men and children, as well as effecting future generations. We must all rise and take back what is ours: joy, peace, love, happiness, contentment, health, and prosperity as God intended for all.
What the researchers are finding out now was clearly articulated in many passages of the Scripture: The connection between what you think, how you think and your ultimate success in every area of your life. In Beulah Club we teach women how to think about those things that evoke positive emotions within; focusing on them, emphasizing them, meditating on them daily (Philippians 4:8). These are best line of defense against sensual emotions.
The Prospects of participating in Beulah Club activitiesThe Beulah club women gain revolutionary knowledge to sail above problems and also be able to encourage others in similar situations. The woman, made by God's wisdom and love was:
- The last to be created.
- Created to enjoy the convenience and pleasure of all God's creations
- Made from the refined dirt: A mans rib.
- Made to be the "help meet" for the man.
- Made to be a companion of the man.
- Yet, made with all the basic life skills in case left to struggle alone.
- To become health-promoting in our decisions
- To allow God to be our primary source of joy.
- To keep well spiritually, physically, emotionally and mentally.
- To enjoy and grow stronger spiritually, mentally, physically, and
- emotionally in marriage and every other relationship.
- To cultivate and sustain a close intimate relationship with God.
Goals and ObjectivesEach radio broadcast is geared to inspire, motivate, comfort, exhort, and edify members of the target audience. Expected outcomes for active listeners to the broadcasts will include use of Biblical principles to:
- Identify common self-defeating emotional patterns and learn how to control them using the most powerful tool: "The JOY of the Lord"
- Undertake investigative awareness of personal emotions: anger, sadness, fear, grief etc, particularly when they are most prevalent - when women are confused and/or distressed
- Understand and have glimpses of how destructive emotions, which have toxic effects on the body, result in a wide range of serious illnesses.
- Receive healing and deliverance through the knowledge of God and of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Learn that everybody deals with emotions from time to time in life.
- Choose to respond to life inevitable emotions constructively to achieve healthful result.
- Opt to encourage one's self and others daily as a booster of joy!
- Learn practical steps for handling and or freeing emotional reactions in lives and relationships.
- Learn how to maintain an equitable joyful relationship especially with their spouses and children by yielding daily to the Holy Spirit.
- Boost the faith of the listeners as they learn how to enter and remain persistently in the rest of the Lord.
FormatBeulah Club meets twice monthly. During each teaching session the women are taught biblical principles and truths with corresponding practical application on how to best achieve this number 1 life's priority: Peace, Joy happiness in all endeavors